17 days Gyama to Samye Trek via Zangmu with Action Himalaya Adventure (P.) Ltd. begins with drive through Araniko Highway to Friendship Bridge in between Nepal and China. Crossing the bridge, we will reach Zhangmu from where we will take the jeep ride to Lhasa. Jeep ride continues through the dry lands of Nyalam, Rongbuk, Xegar, Sigatse and Gyantse to Lhasa. We will dedicate two days to explore Lhasa whereby we will be visiting Jokhang Temple, Drepung Monastery, Barkhor Market, Potala Palace, Sera Monastery and Norbulingkha Palace. From Lhasa, we will drive along Kyi Chu River and cross Lhasa East Bridge to reach Gangden Monastery.
Existing 36km far from Lhasa at the top of Wangbur Mountain at 4300m altitude height is colossal Ganden Monastery or Ganden Namgyeling which is one of the earliest and largest Buddhist Monasteries in Tibet. Ganden Monastery is one of the great three Gelugpa university Monasteries in Tibet, the other two being Sera Monastery and Drepung Monastery. Ganden Monastery which is the farthest University Monastery from Lhasa was established by Je Tsongkhapa in 1409.
If you are thinking about what to see in Ganden Monastery, you will like to visit Serdung that holds the silver and gold encrusted tomb of Tsongkhapa, the Ngam Cho Khang Chapel which is the teaching place of Tsongkhapa and the Tsokchen Assembly Hall. Buddha Painting Unfolding festival is held every year in Ganden Monastery during which tourists and devotees from far and wide visit this beautiful monastery and the sight is worth watching.
After enjoying the gratifying views of giant Ganden University Monastery, we will walk past Angor Ri and cross villages. Trekking continues through Yama Do, Tsotup Chu Valley, Herder’s Camp and Wangdo to Samye Monastery which is the first Buddhist Monastery to have been built in entire Tibet. Samye Monastery was founded in 8th century. The pristine Mandala design is the major attraction of Samye Monastery in which the central temple equivalents to Mount Meru, the center of universe.
The huge Samye Monastery is fortified with walls and there exists four gates at the four directions of wall. Total 1008 tiny chortens decorate the wall. Utse- a six story colossal temple is the main temple of Samye Monastery. We will reach Gongar Airport from Yarlung Valley and then catch flight to Kathmandu.
TOP TREKKING PACKS OF NEPAL
1. EVEREST REGION
2. AANAPURNA REGION
3. LANGTANG REGION
4. DOLPO REGION
|Starting From :||Kathmandu|
|End Point :||Kathmandu|
|No. of Pax :||Above 2|
Day 01 : Arrive Kathmandu [3650m]
Day 02 : Kathmandu sight seeing
Day 03 : Drive to Kathmandu To Nyalam VIA Zhangmu Tibet Boarder (3700m)
Day 04 : Drive to Nylam to Shigatse (3950m)
Day 05 : Drive to Gyantse(3950m)
Day 06 : Drive to Gyantse to Lhasa(3650m)
Day 07 : Sightseeing in Lhasa
Day 08 : Sightseeing in Lhasa
Day 09 : Drive to Lhasa to Ganden(4180m)
Day 10 : Trek Ganden to Yama-Do(4300m) Camp/tent
Day 11 : Trek Yama-Do to Tsotup-chu Valley(4880m)
Day 12 : Trek Tso-chu to Herder"s Camp(4400m)
Day 13 : Trek Herder"s Camp to Wango(3800M)
Day 14 : Trek Wango to Samye(3540m)
Day 15 : Explore Day Yarlung Valley(3500m)
Day 16 : Drive to Gongar Airport and fly back to Kathmandu
Day 17: Departure
· Accommodation on Hotel/Guest House and tent Camp. As per the above itinerary.
· All kind of Land transportation Nepal & Tibet.
· All Sightseen and entrance fee as per the itinerary.
· All Necessary Travel and Trekking Permit.
· All trekking Equipment in including mattress and tent.
· One Small Supporting Truck to bring logistic support + foods. (Above 03 Pax)
· Yak and Yak man During the Trek to bring Luggage and food.
· Daily Breakfast during stay in Hotel and full board (B/L/D) Basis during stay in Tent Camp.
· Tour Giude & Trekking daily Waigege for Nepal & Tibet
· Necessary Government taxes and Service charge.
· Lunch and Dinner during stay in Hotel/Guest House.
· Nepal Re-entry visa fee.
· Sleeping bag and Down jacket (Good Quality thick one)
· Laundry,Telephone call and hot water Bottle
· Personal expenses
· Tips for Guide, Driver and Sherpa Staffs
· Travel expenses
· Gyammow Bag (Pressure Bag)
· Medical fee if in case of emergency
· Hiring porter or Horse.
· Rescue and Evacuation Service
· Any Additional cost due to Natural calamity and Unforeseen Circumstances and etc.
· International Airfare